Experience BYOD in your classroom for at least 10 months.
Saying “Got It” for this PD Tile means that you have…
- allowed BYOD in your classroom for at least one school-year equivalent.
- discussed the pros and cons with peers from within your School Board and outside of it.
- taken a look every once in a while at the #BYOD conversations on Twitter.
- understood how some important changes are likely to happen to programs and formal evaluation with instant access to content.
- let the learners use their devices as they were designed to be used, not mainly for scholarly apps, exercises or games.
- made your learning activities compatible for BYOD and non-BYOD learners alike. The students who don’t have tech of their own are not penalized by your choice of pedagogical material.
- developped your own use of your own device.
You might find the following PD Tiles interesting (perhaps you “Got ’em” already):
|Knowing Where to Look!
(Allowing your learners to search the Internet when need be)
|Write on Time!
(Allowing your learners to use word processing software when need be)